Craft Alliance is pleased to announce the appointment of Peggy Holly as chair of its board of directors. Holly replaces Vicki Sauter, who served as board chair from 2016-2021. The organization also appointed eight new members to the Craft Alliance Board of Directors.
A student at Craft Alliance since 1998, Holly has been a Craft Alliance board member since 2016 and spent 31 years with Boeing (McDonnell Douglas) as an engineer and engineering manager. She has served on the Boards of multiple community organizations, including Habitat for Humanity-St. Louis, Redevelopment Opportunities for Women, St. Louis Public Radio, Safe Connections, Duo Dogs (chair), ALIVE (treasurer), and the Bach Society (treasurer). She has also served on event committees for Duo Dogs and spearheaded the Grand Center Theatre Crawl for 7 years. Holly, along with her husband Mark are the recipients of the 2013 Millard S. Cohen Lifetime Achievement Award from St. Louis Public Radio.
“We are sincerely grateful for Vicki’s years of leadership and dedication to Craft Alliance as board chair. She played an instrumental role in expanding craft education in the St. Louis community, guiding our strategic planning and enabling our recent relocation to the Delmar Maker District,” said Mark Witzling, Craft Alliance Executive Director. “As we look to our future, I’m thrilled to have Peggy at the helm of Craft Alliance’s board. Given her long-term dedication to our mission, and her deep engagement throughout the St. Louis community, she is absolutely the right leader to guide this exciting next chapter for Craft Alliance.”
The Board also appointed the following individuals to three-year terms to its Board of Directors:
• Christy Beckmann, Community Volunteer
• Bob Hoffman, Senior Consultant, Slalom
• Joni Karandjeff, Community Volunteer
• Diane Katzman, President, Diane Katzman Art and Founder, Diane Katzman Design
• Jay Kloecker, Attorney, Joseph B. Kloecker, Jr., LC
• Maureen Quigley, Associate Teaching Professor and Chair of the Department of Art & Design University of Missouri – St. Louis
• Greg Smith, Senior Project Manager, Boeing
• Mary Walsh, Owner, McElwain Fine Arts