You are here
Craft Alliance is searching for a part-time financial accountant.
Craft Alliance is a non-profit art center in St. Louis, Missouri, dedicated to exhibiting contemporary craft and teaching craft techniques. Nationally recognized as one of the premier craft organizations in the country, Craft Alliance is the only organization of its kind in the region solely dedicated to contemporary craft. Craft Alliance offers classes in craft techniques, artist residencies, community programs, exhibitions and a gallery shop. Relocated in 2020 to 5080 Delmar, Craft Alliance has studios for ceramics, metals, fibers, glass, wood, 2-D art, digital art, and artists-in-residence. Craft Alliance is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Craft Alliance seeks a part-time Financial Accountant to assist with financial record-keeping and documentation, payroll processing, budgeting, ad hoc reporting, and administrative documentation. This position requires strong quantitative and analytic skills to support budgeting, forecasting, and record-keeping, and strong communications skills to work with internal and external team members.
Skills and Qualifications
- Payroll experience is required; ADP preferred
- Proficiency with QuickBooks Online is required
- Non-profit experience helpful but not required
- Computer skills including proficiency with spreadsheets and knowledge of databases
- B.A. in Accounting, Finance or similar experience. Five to seven years relevant experience. Excellent knowledge of accounting policies and procedures
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize using strong time management skills. Proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Working with department heads and the Executive Director, develop and prepare the annual Craft Alliance budget and assist in budget forecasting
- Prepare and submit payroll, including administration of 401k
- Facilitate HR Administration documentation; maintains employee documentation
- Assist in reviewing annual healthcare options with providers
- Review Business Insurance and prepare necessary reports for renewals
- Assist with the annual Audit
- Review Monthly Financial reports with Department Heads
- Tracking and reporting on vendor invoices and payments as needed
- Coordinates with Director of Development and Communications to track and report development pledges and funds and marketing expenses.
- Assists with reconciling deposit reports, and sales summary reports
- Maintains accounting records such as invoices and vendor files.
- Prepare and respond to outside licensing or survey requests
- Assist in ad hoc analysis and special projects
- Comply with financial policies and procedures
- May assist with other organization programs as needed
Reports to Executive Director. Works closely with department heads, staff and faculty, as well as external financial accounting firm.
$25 Hourly. 15 hrs/week
All Applicants: To apply, please submit resume, cover letter and three professional references to Mark Witzling, Executive Director, at email@example.com.