You are here
Policies and FAQ
You have questions, we have the answers!
Your privacy is important to Craft Alliance and this site does not collect any information about the identity of site visitors. If you initiate contact with us, we'll use your personal information only to respond to your query.
Craft Alliance does not rent, sell, or share its lists of donors, members, or students with any other organization.
Inclement Weather Policy
The Education Center will hold classes in session at regularly scheduled times unless there is sufficient snowfall or ice to make it hazardous for faculty and students.
For cancellations, please call 314.725.1177 x325 after 8:30am for class status.
This also applies to classes that meet on the weekends and evenings. Please check KSDK for closings.
You will receive confirmation of enrollment by mail or e-mail.
Craft Alliance reserves the right to cancel, combine, or reschedule classes/workshops/camps to adjust for enrollment. If Craft Alliance cancels a class/workshop/camp, you may transfer to another class/workshop/camp or receive a full refund.
Withdrawal and Refund Policy:
A $25 withdrawal fee will be charged per class/workshop/camp. Notice of withdrawal must be made in writing and received at least 14 days prior to the start of a class/workshop/camp. No refunds will be given for withdrawals made after that time. Non-attendance to class/workshop/camp, telephone or other verbal communication is not considered an official notice of withdrawal. No refunds or credits for classes/workshops/camps missed due to illness, personal conflict, or other reasons. The schedules do not allow for students to make up missed classes/workshops/camps.
Tuition includes instruction for one class/workshop/camp per session. Materials & Lab fees include the cost of general supplies used by students, tools, studio equipment maintenance and materials purchased for projects. Tools and materials belonging to Craft Alliance may not be removed from the studio. Craft Alliance cannot be responsible for lost or stolen tools or supplies.
* Craft Alliance does not allow pets or firearms in the building.
* Only currently enrolled students may attend classes or camps.
* Parents are welcome to visit but may not attend children’s camps or classes.
* Students should not bring toys or non-essential personal items to camps/classes. Craft Alliance cannot be responsible for lost or stolen personal items.
* Craft Alliance reservest the right to refuse continued enrollment to disruptive students.
* Craft Alliance has an Anti-Bullying policy and reserves the right to refuse continued enrollment to disruptive students and students who bully other children. Parents will be notified by phone and asked to pick up their child. No refunds will be given.
Craft Alliance Summer Art Camps / FAQs - Frequently Asked Questions
When does the summer camp program begin?
Morning camps (9am-12pm) run for 10 weeks, from June 7 to August 13, 2021. Afternoon camps (2-5pm) run for 5 weeks, from July 5 to August 13, 2021.
What ages can attend summer camps?
Morning and afternoon camps are designed for ages 7–14. Camps are offered to age groups 7–9 years old and 10–14 years old. Campers must be 10 years+ to take glass or metals camps that use torches.
When do summer camps meet?
Each camp meets for 3 hours. Morning camps meet from 9am–12pm, afternoon camps meet from 2–5pm. Before Care is available from 8:30–9am for morning camps. Before Care is available from 1:30–2pm for afternoon camps. After Care is available from 5–5:30pm for afternoon camps only. There is no lunch period for 2021 summer camps.
Where do camps meet?
All summer camps are held at our new location at 5080 Delmar Blvd, St. Louis, Missouri 63108.
How do I drop off and pick up my campers?
Please bring your camper up to the front entrance to meet their camp instructor, where a staff member will assist you in daily health screenings and check-in procedures. To pick up your camper, please place the Craft Alliance sign with your camper’s name so that it is visible in your passenger window, and a camp staff member will walk your camper to your vehicle.
- Daily Screening: Please bring your camper to the front entrance, where a camp staff member will meet you to take your camper’s temperature with a forehead thermometer and lead them to their camp.
- Before Care drop-off begins at 8:30am for morning campers.
- Regular morning camp drop-off is between 8:50–9am. Please do NOT bring your camper more than 10 minutes before the start of camp.
- Before Care drop-off begins at 1:30pm for afternoon campers.
- Regular afternoon camp drop-off is between 1:50–2pm. Please do NOT bring your camper more than 10 minutes before the start of camp.
- Please bring your camper up to the front entrance to meet their camp instructor, after a staff member located at the same entrance assists you in daily screening and check-in.
- Remember a wrapped snack and a water bottle for your camper.
- Please come to the front entrance to pick up your camper. A camp staff member will sign them out.
- After Care pick-up is between 5–5:30pm. Parents will be advised to come into the building, sign in, and meet their camper for daily signing out.
- Campers are not allowed to leave Craft Alliance without a parent or an approved guardian.
- Campers left in studios at the end of their camp will be escorted to After Care, and parents will be charged for that day.
- Please do not be late picking up your camper!
Where can I park my car?
There is free parking in the parking lot on the East side of our building or on Delmar Blvd.
Who teaches summer art camps?
Craft Alliance camp instructors have college degrees and are practicing artists and teachers within our community. The instructors have all passed their federal and state background checks. Campers work with the same instructors who teach in our adult, children’s, and community programs, and use the same studios and equipment as the adult classes.
What is the teacher/student ratio?
Camp sizes are small, especially with our safety protocol of limited capacity in each studio classroom. Currently, a maximum of 6 campers in fibers camps, a maximum of 5 campers in metals and clay camps, and a maximum of 4 campers in wood and digital camps. The ratio of instructor to camper is 1:6, 1:5, and 1:4.
How should we prepare our camper for each day?
- SNACKS AND WATER BOTTLE: Bring a snack and a water bottle for each camp. Campers will be able to take a monitored, socially distanced break to have a drink and a snack during their camp. This break will take place outside, weather permitting, or in the main corridor, supervised.
- NO LUNCH PERIOD: Lunch time at Craft Alliance 2021 Summer Art Camps is not offered. Camps are timed appropriately to eliminate a lunch period. This change will remain until summer 2022.
What should the campers wear?
Only close-toed shoes are allowed; no sandals or crocs, please! Students in glass & metals camps should dress in natural fibers, like cotton. Each camper will have a unique arts experience, from learning techniques of clay, glass and metal arts to writing and creating books, wearable art, masks, graphics and more. Please dress your child for fun, and sometimes messy, art experiences!
What is a typical camp day?
Each day has a planned activity related to the theme of the camp. Campers learn about materials, techniques, and creative problem solving in art. Each 3-hour camp session has a 10–15 minute break in the middle. Weather permitting, the campers will venture outside with the instructors to eat their snacks and have a socially distanced break.
When can I register?
Early registration opens on March 3 for Members, and registration begins on March 17 for non-members.
How can I register? There are 2 ways to register for summer camps:
- Online registration at www.craftalliance.org is preferred. Online registration is available up to 3 business days prior to the beginning of camp, by the Wednesday before camps begin.
- Please call during our business hours to register over the phone at 314.725.1177, ext. 325. Registrar business hours are Monday–Friday, 9am to 5pm.
Can I stay with my child during camp?
We cannot allow parents to spend time in the studio classroom with their camper. In order to help familiarize you and your camper, we will host a camp open house by appointment in May 2021. This will give parents a chance to understand our studio classroom procedures and meet the administrative staff that hosts summer camps. Please join us online to register for a camp open house appointment at www.craftalliance.org
If a camp is full, can I be called if there is a cancellation?
There are waiting lists for camps. Please reach out via email or phone to join a waitlist. The registrar will contact you if a space becomes available.
If my child misses a camp day during a session, can they make it up during the next session?
Unfortunately, there are no make-ups due to limited space and the required pre-registration for the following camp weeks.
Can my child take home the work they make?
Yes, they will have projects to take home almost every day. However, attention clay campers, Dig into Dirt and Spinning Mud clay projects will be ready for pick-up three weeks following the last day of their camp. All artwork must be picked up by mid-September 2021.
Gallery Shop Online Purchases
The web-based Gallery Shop features one-of-a-kind and limited edition works by regional, national and international artists. Given the handmade nature of these items, subtle variations may occur. This may include, but is not limited to, slight variations in color, size, pattern and/or finish.
Proceeds from Gallery purchases help fund our Community Outreach Programs, Exhibition Program and Education Center.
May I apply my Craft Alliance Membership discount to online Gallery Shop purchases?
At this time, Membership discounts will not be applied to online purchases. If you are shopping locally, we encourage you to stop into our brick and mortar location.
If you plan on picking up locally just let us know and our staff will be happy to apply your discount to items from the online shop in person.
*This policy may vary during current store closure.
What is your return policy?
We accept returns within 14 days of purchase. In the event of a return, we offer store credit, but no refunds. We will save your credit in our system and generate a unique discount code for use in our online store. Your store credit is always accepted in our brick and mortar location.
If an item is damaged, please save all original packaging and contact us. We will need all of the packaging documented in order to file a claim with UPS.
When can I expect my piece to be shipped?
Orders will be processed as received. Typically, a piece will be shipped out within 1-3 days of the purchase date via UPS Ground. We do not ship on weekends or Mondays. We cannot ship to P.O. Boxes.
Do you offer gift wrapping and enclosure notes?
Yes and as always this is a complimentary service. Just leave us a note when purchasing to indicate which items require gift wrapping, if you would like a handwritten note enclosed, please indicate the wording for your message.
Is there an option for local pickup?
Yes. Please use the code LOCAL when ordering for local pickup.
Do you ship internationally?
At this time, Craft Alliance does not ship internationally.
May I receive additional photos of a piece?
Yes. Just reach out using our contact tab or give us a call. We will send several images as well model piece to demonstrate scale and how it would be worn, e.g. scarves, jewelry, purses, etc.
How can I submit work for consideration to be a vendor in Craft Alliance's Gallery Shop?
We are always looking for amazing talent to be a part of our gallery! Visit our website at www.craftalliance.org/shop Easy instructions on how to apply can be found there. We look forward to seeing your work!