You are here
Policies and FAQ
Our policies, as well as answers to frequently asked questions, are below.
Your privacy is important to Craft Alliance Center of Art + Design and this site does not collect any information about the identity of site visitors. If you initiate contact with us, we'll use your personal information only to respond to your query.
Craft Alliance Center of Art + Design does not rent, sell, or share its lists of donors, members, or students with any other organization.
Inclement Weather Policy
The Education Center will hold classes in session at regularly scheduled times unless there is sufficient snowfall or ice to make it hazardous for faculty and students.
For Delmar Loop cancellations, please call 314.725.1177 x325 after 8:30am for class status.
For Grand Center cancellations, please call 314.534.7528 x302 after 8:30am for class status.
This message will also apply to classes that meet on the weekends and evenings. Please check KSDK for closings.
You will receive confirmation of enrollment by mail or e-mail.
Craft Alliance reserves the right to cancel, combine, or reschedule classes/workshops/camps to adjust for enrollment. If Craft Alliance cancels a class/workshop/camp, you may transfer to another class/workshop/camp or receive a full refund.
Withdrawal and Refund Policy:
A $25 withdrawal fee will be charged per class/workshop/camp. Notice of withdrawal must be made in writing and received at least 14 days prior to the start of a class/workshop/camp. No refunds will be given for withdrawals made after that time. Non-attendance to class/workshop/camp, telephone or other verbal communication is not considered an official notice of withdrawal. No refunds or credits for classes/workshops/camps missed due to illness, personal conflict, or other reasons. The schedules do not allow for students to make up missed classes/workshops/camps.
Tuition/Materials & Lab Fee:
Tuition includes instruction for one class/workshop/camp per session. Materials & Lab fees include the cost of general supplies used by students, tools, studio equipment maintenance and materials purchased for projects. Tools and materials belonging to Craft Alliance may not be removed from the studio. Craft Alliance cannot be responsible for lost or stolen tools or supplies.
* Craft Alliance does not allow pets or firearms in the building.
* Only currently enrolled students may attend classes or camps.
* Parents are welcome to visit but may not attend children’s camps or classes.
* Students should not bring toys or non-essential personal items to camps/classes. Craft Alliance cannot be responsible for lost or stolen personal items.
* Craft Alliance reservest the right to refuse continued enrollment to disruptive students.
* Craft Alliance has an Anti-Bullying policy and reserves the right to refuse continued enrollment to disruptive students and students who bully other children. Parents will be notified by phone and asked to pick up their child. No refunds will be given.
Craft Alliance Center of Art + Design’s Staenberg Summer Camp / FAQs - Frequently Asked Questions
When does the summer camp program begin? Weekly half-day camps begin May 30 and run for 11 weeks, until August 11.
What ages can attend Craft Alliance’s summer camps? Morning and afternoon half-day camps are designed for ages 4 to 14. Late day camps, 4:00 to 5:45 are designed for teens, ages 14 to 18. Campers are grouped by age; 4 to 6, 7 to 9, and 10 to 14. Campers must be 10 years old to take glass or metals camps that use torches.
When do camps meet? Each camp meets for 3 hours. Morning camps meet from 9:00am to 12:00pm, afternoon camps meet from 12:45-3:45pm. There is a supervised lunch care from 12:00-12:45pm for campers staying all day. Before-care is available from 8:30-9:00am and after-care is available from 3:45-5:30pm.
Where do camps meet? There are two locations for summer camps at Craft Alliance Center of Art + Design - in the Delmar Loop, 6640 Delmar Blvd. and at the Grand Center location, 501 N. Grand Blvd. in the Kranzberg Art Center, lower level.
How do I drop off and pick up my campers?
WHEN ARRIVING for camp on the first day:
• Please bring your camper into the building to help them find the correct studio and meet the instructor. A staff member will be located outside the building on Delmar and in the foyer at the Grand Center location to assist you.
• Parents may stay for the first 30 minutes of the camp on the first day to meet the instructors and the other campers.
• Parents may not remain in the studios for the duration of the camp session.
• Please come into the building on time to pick up the younger camper.
• After-care parents will need to sign out the camper each day. After-care ends at 5:30 and parents will be charged $5 for every 5 minutes past the pick up time.
• Children under 12 are not allowed to leave the Delmar building without a parent.
• Children left in studios after end of camp will be escorted to after-care and parents will be charged for that day.
• Written permission is needed if your child is to walk home after camp or leave the building unescorted. Delmar campers must have written permission if they are allowed to leave the Delmar studios unsupervised during lunch.
Where can I park my car? There is free parking behind the Delmar Loop location and metered parking in front of the building. The Grand Center location, on the NW corner of Grand Blvd. and Olive, has metered parking on Olive.
Who teaches the art camps? All of the camp instructors have college degrees and are practicing artists. The campers work with the same instructors who teach in our adult, children’s, and community programs, and use the same studios and equipment as the adult classes. Craft Alliance also has a summer teen intern program where teens ages 15 to 18 assist the instructors in the materials preparation, clean-up, and camp activities.
What is the teacher/student ratio? The camp sizes are small – a maximum of 8 campers in the glass and metals classes, and in the 4 to 6 age range. A maximum of 10 campers are allowed in the clay, fiber and graphics classes. Ratio of instructor to camper is 1:10 and 1:8. Including the teen intern assistants, the ratio is 1:4 and 1:5.
What food should the campers bring? Each camper should bring a snack for the half day camps. Campers staying all day, (taking a morning and afternoon camp,) should bring a lunch, a drink, and two snacks. We do not have refrigeration available so please pack lunches in an insulated lunch bag. Drinking fountains are on each floor.
What should the campers wear? Art camps can be messy so dress appropriately. We do have smocks available. Please no open toed shoes for safety. Glass campers should wear long cotton pants.
What is a typical camp day? Each day has a planned activity related to the theme of the camp. Student learn about materials, techniques, and creative problem solving. Each 3 hour camp session has a 10 to 15 minute break in the middle. Weather permitting, the campers go outside with the instructors and play games, eat their snacks and get some exercise.
Who supervises the lunch care and makes sure my child get to the next camp? One of our instructors supervises the lunch care, takes attendance, and make sure each camper gets to their next camp safely and with supervision.
When can I register? Registration opens February 20 for Members and February 27 for Non-Members
How can I register? There are 4 ways to register for summer camps:
1. Online, (the easiest and quickest) at www.craftalliance.org. Online registration is available up to 3 business days prior to the beginning of camp, by the Wednesday before camps begin.
2. In person, during regular business hours, 9:00am to 5:00pm, at the Delmar Loop location, 6640 Delmar Blvd. or the Grand Center location, 501 N. Grand Blvd. in the Kranzberg Art Center
3. Download the registration form at our web site, www.craftalliance.org, and mail the completed form to Craft Alliance Center of Art + Design, 6640 Delmar Blvd, St. Louis, MO 63130 or 501 N. Grand Blvd. St Louis, MO 63103
4. By Fax, to 314-725-2068. Completed registration form and credit card number with expiration date are required.
Can I stay with my child during camp? Parents are invited to stay for the first 30 minutes of camp on the first day, to meet the instructor and the other campers. Parents may not remain in the studio for the duration of the camp sessions.
If a camp is full, can I be called if there is a cancellation? There are waiting lists for camps and the registrar will contact you if a space becomes available.
If my child misses a camp day during a session, can they make it up during the next session? Unfortunately there are no make-ups; due to limited space and the required pre-registration for the following camp weeks.
Can my child take home the work they make? Yes, they will have projects to take home almost every day. However, final clay pieces need to dry and be fired and will be ready to be picked up two weeks after the last day of your child’s camp. Craft Alliance cannot be responsible for any work left in the studios after September 11, 2017.
Gallery Shop Online Purchases
The web-based Gallery Shop features one-of-a-kind and limited edition works by regional, national and international artists. Given the handmade nature of these items, subtle variations may occur. This may include, but is not limited to, slight variations in color, size, pattern and/or finish.
Proceeds from Gallery purchases help fund our Community Outreach Programs, Exhibition Program and Education Center.
May I apply my Craft Alliance Membership discount to online purchases?
At this time, Membership discounts will not be applied to online purchases. If you are shopping locally, we encourage you to stop into our brick and mortar location.
If you plan on picking up locally just let us know and our staff will be happy to apply your discount to items from the online shop in person.
*This policy may vary during current store closure.
What is your return policy?
We accept returns within 14 days of purchase. In the event of a return, we offer store credit, but no refunds. We will save your credit in our system and generate a unique discount code for use in our online store. Your store credit is always accepted in our brick and mortar location.
If an item is damaged, please save all original packaging and contact us. We will need all of the packaging documented in order to file a claim with UPS.
When can I expect my piece to be shipped?
Orders will be processed as received. Typically, a piece will be shipped out within 1-3 days of the purchase date via UPS Ground. We do not ship on weekends or Mondays. We cannot ship to P.O. Boxes.
Do you offer gift wrapping and enclosure notes?
Yes and as always this is a complimentary service. Just leave us a note when purchasing to indicate which items require gift wrapping, if you would like a handwritten note enclosed, please indicate the wording for your message.
Is there an option for local pickup?
Yes. Please use the code LOCAL when ordering for local pickup.
Do you ship internationally?
At this time, Craft Alliance does not ship internationally.
May I receive additional photos of a piece?
Yes. Just reach out using our contact tab or give us a call. We will send several images as well model piece to demonstrate scale and how it would be worn, e.g. scarves, jewelry, purses, etc.
How can I submit work for consideration to be a vendor in Craft Alliance's Gallery Shop?
We are always looking for amazing talent to be a part of our gallery! Visit our website at www.craftalliance.org/shop Easy instructions on how to apply can be found there. We look forward to seeing your work!